Alpha Rehabilitation is an outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapy clinic located in Kearney, Nebraska and serving the central Nebraska area. Alpha Rehab offers specialized services for neurologic, orthopedic, return-to-work, and pediatric therapy conditions. Alpha Rehab takes pride in offering one-on-one treatment for each and every patient, with an emphasis on helping people take charge of their recovery through education and home program development.
Alpha Rehab was established on November 1st, 2004 by Matthew and Sara O’Neill. In addition to general rehab for orthopedic injuries, Alpha Rehab offered a niche service for Kearney: neurologic therapy. Their first office was a 3,000 square-foot facility in north west Kearney where the two of them completed all business operations including scheduling, billing, and patient care. Matt and Sara quickly discovered a great need for services for children with special needs, and began to offer therapy for pediatrics. As their reputation for personal attention and outstanding care grew in the Kearney community, their business grew as well. In July 2005, Jessica Thoene joined as a partner, and brought her skills as a speech pathologist to the company. Alpha Rehab continued to steadily grow until 2008, when they moved into a much larger facility just next-door to their existing office. In 2010, they began offering industrial rehabilitation services including FCEs and work conditioning. In 2012, Alpha Rehab located to a brand-new, spacious facility in northeast Kearney. In March 2019, Jessica Thoene became sole owner of Alpha Rehab and the business continues to grow.
Read more about Alpha Rehab’s history here:
- Physical Therapy First Hand – Article from 2005 in Kearney Hub about Matt & Sara’s business
- New Facility – Article from 2008 in Kearney Hub about Alpha Rehab’s new facility
- Patient-Centered Practice – Matt was nominated for a personal profile by a patient
- McBride Shows Strength, Courage, While Living with Parkinson’s – Inspiring article about a patient who is battling Parkinson’s, with segments of an interview with Matt
- Recovering from Stroke – Article about a patient receiving services at Alpha Rehab
- Riding Out the Storm – Matt was interviewed for an article about healthcare changes
- From Paper to Portable – Matt was interviewed for an article about electronic documentation