Orthopedic physical therapists diagnose, manage, and treat disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system including rehabilitation after orthopedic surgery. Our therapists are trained in the treatment of post-operative orthopedic procedures, fractures, acute sports injuries, arthritis, sprains, strains, back and neck pain, spinal conditions, and amputations. Our therapists work hard at helping you recover from injury or surgery, and get you back to living life the way you want.
- Shoulder pain or injury
- Rotator cuff tear or surgical repair
- Torn bicep
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder fracture, separation or dislocation
- Shoulder tendinitis, bursitis, impingement
- SLAP tear
Neck & Back
- Neck and back pain spasms
- Pregnancy-related back pain
- Post-surgical neck or back rehab
- Decreased range of motion in the neck or back
- ACL, LCL, MCL, PCL sprains or tears
- Torn meniscus
- Muscle strains
- IT Band Syndrome
- Ruptured tendons
- Reconstruction or arthroscopic surgeries
- Fractures or pain
- Joint Replacement
- Fractures or pain
- Decreased range of motion
Physical Therapy Evaluation
Your physical therapist will determine your history of symptoms including the mechanism of the injury and whether your problem is acute or chronic. Current symptoms you are experiencing will then be explored. Based on the information you provide, your therapist will then assess ROM, strength, joint mobility if applicable, ligamentous integrity if applicable, and other special tests specific to the joint.
Physical Therapy Interventions
Our therapists offer unparalleled manual therapy to improve range of motion, soft tissue mobility, joint mobility, and flexibility.
Exercises are a very important part of your recovery, and will include range of motion, stretching, strengthening, and stability. Home exercises are also customized and provided to you as indicated.
Modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, TENS, iontophoresis, and phonophoresis.
Occupational Therapy for Hand Injuries
Alpha Rehab’s occupational therapy team will help you with your recovery following hand or elbow injury or surgery, including:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- DeQuervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Distal Radius Fracture
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger ReleaseFlexor Tendon Injuries
- Repetitive Work/Stress Injuries
- Sprains/strains of wrist, elbow, or fingers
- Thick scar tissue
- Loss of range of motion or strength